wizd media server
Wizd is serving all your media (video, audio, photo...) to your networked player.
- automatically detected by your player
- browse faster than ever through your media
- no aditionnal server required (Apache, PHP...)
- low memory usage (less than 10 MB)
- fully customizable (skins and settings)
- read DVD-ISO backups and standard DVD backups
- bookmark feature for MPEG movies
- tumbnails mode to preview your pictures
- free and open-source :)
Wizd is working on the following platforms :
- Windows 98, Me, 2K, XP, 2003 (and probably Vista)
- NAS : Linksys NSLU2, Freecom FSG3, Synology DS101/106...
Wizd is bundled with Infrant ReadyNAS NV !
Wizd has been tested successfully on the following Networked players :
- I-O Data LinkPlayer
- Buffalo LinkTheater
- Snazio Net Cinema
- H&B DNX-8620
- Quartek WHD-500
- Quartek I-Box 800
- Transgear DVX 700
- Transgear DVX 500
- Pinnacle SC 200
- Omisys DVD PN210V
- DigitalRise Xstream Player
... and potentially all other players based on Syabas middleware.
wizdXP [config tool]
wizd is a simple DOS console which can be configured through a config file.
As a lot of people wished a nicer interface (mainly to configure settings and control the server), we also offer a configuration tool for Windows, named wizdXP.
wizdXP [ config tool for Windows ] allows you to :
- start and stop wizd server from main window or notify tray icon
- starts with Windows
- minimize to notify tray
Configure wizd settings
- setup wizard to configure basic settings
- graphical-way to setup wizd
- add virtual folders easily
- define access restriction
- preview and choose skin
- compatible with almost all wizd settings
Manage config files
- backup your wizd config file at any time
- restore a previous config file
- create M3U playlist compatible with wizd
- add online services on your player (Weather, Radios, TV...)
- open wizd directly in a web browser under Windows
- check for new version
Current wizd version is a modified version of the Wizd 0.12h rc3 server program (original source code wizd_0_12h_rc3.tar.gz) which in turn was based on the wizd 0.12 program.
Changes since wizd_0_12h
- Compiles using Cygwin to run under Windows
- Modified to work with the I-O Data LinkPlayer 2 in English.
- Modified to support Transport Stream files (ts, tp)
- Added support for Internet Explorer shortcut files (url).
- Includes libdvdread support added so
you can navigate DVD directories by title and chapter.
- Allow multiple aliases with the same name, and merge the directory contents
- Allow alternate skins which get selected based on the User-Agent string
- Improve thumbnail support to include support for folder.jpg and [foldername].jpg and tn_[foldername].jpg
- Added DVD title and chapter durations, audio track information, chapter listings, and a HIRES skin (all thanks to Kevin Brown)
- Added support for creating default slideshow and/or soundtrack
playlists, and for copying those playlists to a directory. These
options appear on the "options" menu, when you press the setup button
on the remote. Also improved the layout of the options menu.
- Improved support for slideshows, support simultaneous slideshow/music if both file types are present.
- Fixed a bug where the last title set on a DVD would get replaced
with the VIDEO_TS folder. Now the VIDEO_TS folder get added after the
- added ability to delete files from the server using the
LinkPlayer, limit bookmarks to only video/mpeg files, some more tweaks
to the streaming, made the theme bitmaps a little nicer, improved the
- made the theme bitmaps a little nicer, added a number column to
the directory listing (for directly selecting an item by number) and
changed the default stream buffer parameters in the wizd.conf file to
- some streaming improvements, updated the cygwin1.dll file
- added bookmarks, fixed some bugs, added more configuration options for the buffering/streaming parameters
- added directory aliases (work like shortcuts or symbolic links), fixed a bug in the DVD chapter playlist generation
- added recursive "shuffle" option, fixed a couple bugs
- fixed a bug in the server announcement, added recursive "play all" function
- add abilility to read DVDs from ISO files
- add chapters at 10% intervals for faster skipping
- possibly better support for files which increase in size after starting playback
- Better randomization functions
- Automatically randomized the default playlists
- Add "secret" aliases (hidden links to absolute paths)
- Allow cropping of JPEG images to better fill up a 16:9 screen
- Put mime-type mappings into the wizd.conf file so they can be modified
- Add thumbnail view to show thumbnails of JPEG images
- Press "zoom" to toggle between thumbnail and list views
- Press "clear" to play the default song list with the default photo list
Example screen on your
player (Simplicity Skin)
Example screen on your
player (H&B Skin)
Setup wizard (Page 1)
Setup wizard (Page 2)
Setup wizard (Page 3)